Monday, May 28, 2007

It's Been Awhile!


Hello! to all of you that follow my BLOG and I see by the counter that there are some who do!....Well I never meant to be gone for 10 days that is for sure...lol...I did not do any stamping in those 10 days either.....My son and his family from The Northwest Territories came home and we were busy busy busy....we spent time at our daughters having a BBQ. we went shopping, he had friends from High School over, we went shopping, we cooked and cleaned, we went shopping, laughed and cried.....all in all we had a great holiday with him and his family....Did I say we went shopping... will be posting some pictures of his children shortly....once they left last week, I spent a whole day...being sad....I did not do too much...read a little, did some BLOGGING and just relaxed.....for the rest of the week I went shopping, cleaned house, made meals and all that sort of stuff.....so this card that I have posted is the first card that I have made in the past 10 days.....I was sitting her yesterday looking at the new paper that I had purchased from Ebay and thought....hmmmmm....I really need to get back into this stamping.....so this is what I did...although I have no one graduating, this little Bella Stamp in the one that arrived in my Mays' Box of the Month from http://www.paperpretties.net/, this is a new online store that is so neat...these crazy ladies offer a Box of the Month and each and every month you get one of the new Bella's that are available for sale on the www.stampingbella.com website...what an adventure to start into...in this box you get all the supplies needed or required to make a minimum of 6 cards and a pattern book with the recipes to make cards....this is so cool...and the best part of this online store is that it is Canadian....yippee.....so onto my card...the Bella that I am presenting here is from the May Box from Paper Pretties.....the paper is from a small stack of Basic Grey Paper, Scarlet's Letter that I purchased on Ebay, I stamped the Bella on white cards stock from Stampin' Up and colored here in with my water color pencils from Stampin' Up...(I need to use these more)....I then sponged the edge of the white card stock with black ink, layered this onto black cardstock...this in turn was layered onto the patterned paper that was layered onto red Stampin' Up cardstock....the ribbon is a piece from on of the shares I received from Jodi at Confessions of a Ribbon Addict......this card took me about 15 minutes to make......I love red and black tones together....and these little paper packs of Basic Grey Paper are just the thing for making one or two cards....gotta love this paper.....so this is my share for this morning....I am off to work on various swap cards that I need to complete and get in the mail....have a great day!....later gators!

No comments: