Friday, June 1, 2007

TGIF!


This has been a super long week for me for some reason!....It is Friday and I am tired...should I not be more awake as we head into the weekend...lol...I belong to a Stampin' Up Hostess Club and I have completed the year....I was really undecided what to order for this last month...I looked at the sets that were retiring and nothing jumped out at me or cried pick me pick me......so I ordered this set from the Spring Mini called "Bundle of Joy".....now why would I do that you ask.....I was asking myself the same thing when I ordered it.....okay jump ahead almost two weeks now.....I have to make a mono-chromatic card, using Stampin' Up stamps....like yesterdays card I went through my storage cabinet to see what I had that was current that I could use....hmmmm nothing was calling me.....lol....I got a call yesterday morning from my demo and my order was in....yipee....I went and picked it up and low and behold I had this set.....so today's share is a card that I made for the swap I am in, the set is current and all things worked.....this is a really easy card to put together, just piddly (is that a word)....lol....all supplies are Stampin' Up with the exception of the brads and the background paper which was done with my cuttlebug.....oh how I love my "BUG".....The colors that I chose for this card were, Pixie Pink and Pretty in Pink.....the ink used was Pixie Pink.....I cut the background paper and ran it through my cuttlebug....I then stamped the image on a piece of Pretty in Pink paper and used my Giga Oval Punch to cut it out, I sponged the edges with Pixie Pink Ink and layered it onto a piece of Pixie Pink Paper.....I then used my Spring Flowers Punch to make the butterfly, I just cut off one of the petals from the flower, drew in the antennae for the butterfly and then punched a 1/4 inch circle out to complete the butterfly......the greeting on the bottom was done using two different sizes of circles and a small slot punch.....I then used some pink ribbon to adhere it to the card.....all in all it is okay, the idea I had in my head, just did not come through on paper as I thought it would.....but all 11 of the cards are complete, so the swap is ready to go.....well I am not sure what my plans will be for the weekend as the hubby has informed me that he is going trucking tomorrow and will arrive home Sunday...asked if I wanted to go....hmmmmm....we shall see....okay it is time to get moving for the day...hope you all have a great day and a wonderful weekend....later gaters!

No comments: