Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Something Different Today!


Good Morning! Well it was a dark and gloomy day here yesterday, but no rain...hmmm...well it is a little better this morning, not nearly as dark but still no sunshine.....hopefully this weather will turn around soon...I chose something different in my crafting to showcase today...I was busy yesterday working on swaps for my various online groups.....The upload for today is actually a tag that I made for a tag book that we are doing on a group.....this tag is big it is 6 inches long by I think 3.25 inches....it was a lot of fun to make and I made 10 of them....I cut my tag from pieces of black cardstock from Stampin' Up....the white layer was cut to fit and ran through my cuttlebug (although it is hard to see in the picture), I added a piece of black and white polka dot ribbon that I got from Jodi at Confessions of a Ribbon Addict, (honestly if you have not bought into one of her shares, you really need to do so, I now have the perfect color ribbon and or prima flower for almost all of my projects), from there I cut the black cardstock for the butterfly, which by the way is from the set called Butterfly Kisses and it can be purchased from www.papertreyink.com , oh how I love these stamp sets.....I then stamped the butterfly in white craft ink from Stampin' Up and set it aside to dry....the flower petals in the corner where punched from my Stampin' Up Punch and then outlined with my white gel pen(this is my favorite new toy)....the brad that I used to hold them down is one that I have had for awhile.....I then used my white gel pen to add the little bit of polka dots around the outside of the tag....all in all I am pleased with the tag...this will go off to be added to the booklets of tags that each lady does in the group....I love these little tag books that we do on the group and often use them for inspiration when I am needing some....so that was one of several projects I attempted to get completed yesterday, it was a great stamping day for me.....well I must run and get some house things completed so that I can play again later today.......later gaters!

No comments: