Friday, April 13, 2007

A Million Birthday Cards!

(I copied this from Prairie Paper and Ink Blog)

Do you think it's possible for one little boy to get over ONE MILLION birthday cards?? I do - and I think it's a fabulous wish to have - and what a great thing for all us stampers and paper-crafters to take up!!
There is a little boy in Ontario, Canada named Shane who was diagnosed with Leukemia and is turning 8 years old on May 30th 2007. His wish is for ONE MILLION birthday cards - you can see the link to the local radio station that has taken up this cause here:
http://www.1053kissfm.com/station_info/cartersandraboyle.jsp#20040504_105029_4288 (there is an address there too).

As well here is a link to the thread started on Splitcoast: Shane's 1 Million Birthday Wish
AND a link to a video on YouTube which has an alternate address (either one you choose will work).
Here is the addy that was e-mailed to me:
Shane Bernier
Box 484
Lancaster, ON K0C 1N0
I'm off to go make him a card - and I challenge all of you to make one and send it too! If you have a blog/website I also challenge you to post and spread the word (and if not tell your friends and family - the cards don't have to be handmade!!!).
It feels SO good to do something that means so much to someone doesn't it??


On another note, watch my BLOG later today I am going to have a special guest "Artist" presenting her art work....lol....

Later Gaters!

No comments: